Dementia Friendly Leominster
What is Dementia Friendly Leominster?
Dementia Friendly Leominster is the coming together of local organisations and individuals who are working together to make Leominster a Dementia Friendly Community.
What is a Dementia Friendly Community?
A city, town or village where people with dementia are understood, respected, and supported and are confident they can contribute to community life. They should feel included and involved and to have choice and control over their day to day lives.
How can we do this?
• Raising awareness through short information sessions and…..
• Becoming a “Dementia Friend” – anyone/everyone can!!
• Providing clear signage throughout the town.
• Supporting shops and public facilities to become Dementia Friendly.
• Providing support to groups and clubs i.e. WI, fitness groups, cafés, libraries, churches and schools to raise awareness and understanding.
Book a free dementia information session!
Or if you want to find out how you can get involved – we meet every 2 to 3 months and put on a range of awareness raising events in the community.
Please email email@example.com or ring 01568 368 180